[Qgis-developer] Changes in API documentation?

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 03:40:09 PST 2014

Hi Luigi

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 5:06 PM, Luigi Pirelli <luipir at gmail.com> wrote:
> added a comment to the commit:
>
> I prefer old style documentation that help me to enter directly in the
> code to understand how it works.
>
> ok, I can create my own documentation, but I generally I find it more
> useful having it online

The rationale was that users of the documentation should not need to
read the code of individual functions. If they do, then the
documentation is simply not good enough. Many other projects we use
(like Qt, GDAL, GEOS) do not include that either. Those links simply
make the documentation more bloated. Another reason is that if someone
needs to browse the code, any IDE with c++ support is 10x more
efficient for that.

Cheers
Martin