[Qgis-developer] QGIS Win64 minidump due to GDAL function

Mauro Alberti alberti.m65 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 12:37:04 PST 2014

Hi all,
I have a persistent issue with a Python plugin of mine, qgSurf.
There is no (observed) problem when using this plugin in Linux (Mint) 64
bit with QGIS 2.4 or 2.6, or for QGIS 2.4 in Win 32 bit (I don't know for
QGIS 2.6 Win32).
However, when using it in a Win64 versions, be it 2.4 or 2.6 from
standalone installers, at the QGIS closing a minidump is always created.
I've tracked the single offending command: it's the use of the GDAL
function ReadAsArray, for reading the content of a raster band.

I don't know if this is a known issue of GDAL in QGIS Win64, and if it
could be solved in one of the next releases of QGIS 64 bit for Windows.

Thanks,
Mauro