[Qgis-developer] transition to QT5... QT4 removed will be removed from Debian Jessie

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Thu Nov 6 01:33:07 PST 2014

Hi

On 06.11.2014 10:27, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 06/11/2014 10:20, Luigi Pirelli ha scritto:
> >
> http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com.es/2014/11/early-announce-qt4-removal-in-jessie1.html
>
> thanks
>
> Luigi. I understand some work has been carried out, this could
> be the right time to do the migration.

No need to migrate, we can support both for a transition period

> anyone has an idea of the amount of work involved?

Mainly some CMake magic for PyQt5. I guess it's not too hard.
And migration of no-longer-supported http-code in evis plugin (port to
networkaccessmanager)

> is someone already working on this?
Yes, I did (QGIS for Android runs with Qt5)

http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/PyQt5/pyqt4_differences.html

> could the migration have an impact on plugins?

Yes, some classes are no longer supported but the delta is small

> all the best

Same to you

Help getting QGIS to the next level of quality before November 15!
http://blog.vitu.ch/10102014-1046/crowdfunding-initiative-automated-testing