[Qgis-developer] QGIS 3.0?

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 06:09:06 PST 2014

+1 for LTS (2.6 or 2.8?).
A new API break risks to make users (and plugin developers) quite nervous!

E.G. the coming QEP from Nyall (about Composer refactoring) breaks Composer
gui API, while it should mantain core. This could be included in an LTS
release, while in QGIS 3.0 back compatibility can be discarded.

Just a question: typically an LTS brings backport updates during its
lifetime. In case of QGIS how would this happen? Will we provideca new
packaging for that release with a scheduling following the master release?

giovanni