[Qgis-developer] Stability (2.8 LTS) vs development (3.0), a proposed way forward

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Nov 10 01:54:28 PST 2014

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 10:42:42AM +0100, Luca Manganelli wrote:

> So, I believe that in production environment the most stable (!=
> latest) version is used. For almost 2 years we used 1.7.4, for me the
> most stable QGIS version in earth (more than 2.4 and 2.6!).

Yep, that little third number in the version is really special.
Finally, it's being given the importance it deserves, thanks
Tim for the effort in writing a plan for it:

 https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/pull/6

--strk;

Please help taking QGIS to the next level of quality. Before November 15 !
http://blog.vitu.ch/10102014-1046/crowdfunding-initiative-automated-testing