[Qgis-developer] Behaviour when create new features

Casper Børgesen (CABO) CABO at NIRAS.DK
Mon Nov 10 05:45:58 PST 2014

I have created a ticket for this: http://hub.qgis.org/issues/11607

> (2.6 Testing indicates that disabling and then re-enabling editing while editing but not “finishing” a feature shows that you continue editing the same feature; I’m not sure that’s very intuitive, hence item (b).)
Jonathan, could you create a ticket for the other one, I guess You are more into this part?

Kind regards, Casper

> b)    No warning that the edited features hadn’t been “finished” when saving and/or when disabling editing.
> (2.6 Testing indicates that disabling and then re-enabling editing while editing but not “finishing” a feature shows that you continue editing the same feature; I’m not sure that’s very intuitive, hence item (b).)
These are both bugs.  Just need to open a ticket for them.
- Nathan

On Mon Nov 10 2014 at 10:22:16 PM Jonathan Moules <J.Moules at hrwallingford.com<mailto:J.Moules at hrwallingford.com>> wrote:
Personally I’d think there are two bugs here, at least from a user-interface perspective, even if they’re not from a technical one:

a)     Edits showing when editing was disabled (I’ve seen this one myself).

b)    No warning that the edited features hadn’t been “finished” when saving and/or when disabling editing.

(2.6 Testing indicates that disabling and then re-enabling editing while editing but not “finishing” a feature shows that you continue editing the same feature; I’m not sure that’s very intuitive, hence item (b).)

Cheers,
Jonathan