[Qgis-developer] Geometry type conversion of 2.6

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Tue Nov 11 05:37:34 PST 2014

Hi,

I just wanted to write also to the list because of a similar issue, but
here it happens when using processing.
I created a regular point grid over a polygon. As I just wanted to have
the points inside the polygon and not the bounding box, I clipped it with
the processing version of ftools clip.
The readOGR in my R script I wanted to use the points with then complained
about the layer being multipoint. Multipart to single part fortunately did
the trick.
The original ftools clip did deliver a normal point layer though.

Cheers
Bernd

Am 11.11.2014, 09:28 Uhr, schrieb Minoru Akagi <akaginch at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I just found size of .shp file increases more than twice (2900 bytes
> -> 6500 bytes when it has 100 points) when I saved a point layer as a
> shapefile. I didn't edit the layer anything, but the geometry type was
> converted from Point to Multipoint.
>
> Maybe this must not expected behavior. Is this a big bug of 2.6? See
> also #11542 and #11597.
>

> Regards,
> Minoru

Bernd Vogelgesang