[Qgis-developer] Problems with developing custom c++ qgis application with QtCreator and MSVC2008 on Windows

eliu1234 lby20102 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 18 22:41:57 PST 2014

I am using qtcreator and msvc2008 for developing the c++ custom application.

I followed the following tutorial to setup the system:
http://3nids.wordpress.com/2014/02/27/build-and-deploy-c-qgis-app-on-windows/

Problem 1: under debug mode, I cannot create a QgsMapCanvas object. It
always exit with code 1.

Problem 2: under release mode, I tried to create a raster layer with the
following command:
QgsRasterLayer * layer = new
QgsRasterLayer("http://server.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Imagery/MapServer?f=json&pretty=true","raster");
It always result in a layer which is invalid. I tried the python equivalent
command: layer =
QgsRasterLayer("http://server.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Imagery/MapServer?f=json&pretty=true","raster");
in qgis python console and it works fine.

Any help is appreciated.