[Qgis-developer] qgis --version and qgis_mapserv.fcgi --version ?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Nov 25 12:49:14 PST 2014

Hi devs,

Playng with QGIS-mapserver I had a qgis_mapserv.fcgi hanging around in
/usr/lib/cgi-bin of which I did not know which version it was

Trying (he, this is Linux) to do a
  qgis_mapserv.fcgi --version
it appears that's not working
So I tried
  qgis --version
which is not there either :-(

We off course have this info in the about-dialog, but I was wondering if
it is worth a feature request to implement those for both exe's (and
qbrowser?)?
Would be cool to see version (git commit?), and used libs (and versions).

We are a first class linux citizen isn't it ;-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde