[Qgis-developer] Impossible to keep QGIS 2.4 while updating QGIS master (osgeo4W nightly build)

Junior Delaz delazj at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 08:02:02 PST 2014

Hello,
I use OsGeo4W to install both QGIS stable and master releases.
Due to the bug of QGIS 2.6.0-1 that crashes QGIS and ruins some older
project file, I decided to not yet upgrade to 2.6 (and keep 2.4) but still
update nightly builds.
The first time I got 2.7, I choose to keep 2.4. After the install process,
I was unable to run QGis 2.4, getting the error message attached when
launching either the shortcut or the qgis.bat file in install directory.
Two days later, after updating nightly build , QGIS 2.4 worked fine and
stopped again at the next nightly build.
Since, reinstalling QGIS 2.4 in osgeo4w install process doesn't fix it, the
only usable release remains the Master.

Is this a bug or is it impossible to install both master and "not the
latest stable" releases through osgeo4W? If a bug, should I file a ticket
on qgis hub or elsewhere?
Any idea how I can get back a working QGIS 2.4?

I'm on Windows 7 64 bits but I got the same bug on Windows 8 32 bits.

Thanks.