[Qgis-developer] Error Saving WFS edits in QGIS 2.4 and 2.5

Scott sctevl at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 10:47:48 PDT 2014

Hello,

I'm using QGIS 2.4 and QGIS 2.5 b044d4d on OS-X. I am trying to edit a
point layer that is being served out as WFS 1.3 from GeoServer 2.5. When I
try to edit attributes or the geometry, I get an error that says:

Could not commit changes to <layername> (I tried a couple).
Errors: ERROR: 1 geometries not changed
 Provider errors: empty response.

However, I'm able to see that the new edit successfully saved in GeoServer.
If I remove the layer and add it again in QGIS then the update is there.

The WFS I am using works with a mobile app and with OpenLayers 3 so I'm
pretty sure the service is functioning properly.

Any ideas on troubleshooting?

Thanks,

Scott