[Qgis-developer] Render with labels

Geo DrinX geodrinx at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 02:25:24 PDT 2014

Hello,

Sorry if I repeat my question that I sent some time ago,  but it seems
very relevant
to the topic.

I noticed that using  the    .render()    function  with  pyQgis > 2.2
the labels are not  visible.

This is my test source code (taken from my GEarthView plugin):

                iface = qgis.utils.iface

                mapRenderer = mapCanvas.mapRenderer()
                mapRect = mapRenderer.extent()
                width = mapRenderer.width()
                height = mapRenderer.height()
                srs = mapRenderer.destinationCrs()

                # create output image and initialize it
                image = QImage(QSize(width, height), QImage.Format_ARGB32)
                image.fill(0)

                #adjust map canvas (renderer) to the image size and render
                imagePainter = QPainter(image)

                zoom = 1
                target_dpi = int(round(zoom * mapRenderer.outputDpi()))

                mapRenderer.setOutputSize(QSize(width, height), target_dpi)

                mapRenderer.render(imagePainter)
                imagePainter.end()

                xN = mapRect.xMinimum()
                yN = mapRect.yMinimum()

                nomePNG = ("TestImage")

                input_file = out_folder + "/" + nomePNG + ".png"

                image.save(input_file, "png")

So, my question is :  how need to change my code to have labels again
visible ?

:)

Thank you for any link and answer

Roberto