[Qgis-developer] monitoring OGC service resources

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 05:48:55 PDT 2014

FYI as discussed on IRC today, for MetaSearch we have a default list of
CSW endpoints that we ship with the plugin.

I have been working on GeoHealthCheck [1], which provides service uptime/
monitoring of OGC endpoints (as well as simple HTTP links/websites), and
have stood up a public instance at http://geohealthcheck.osgeo.org (stores
30 days of uptime stats, get in touch with me if you would like your service[s]
added - self-registration is disabled for the time being), and have registered
the MetaSearch default endpoints to monitor them over time.

It's early days (suggestions, development/docs support would be great!), but
I thought this could extend to the default WMS/WFS providers we have default
in QGIS, or resources used in demo.qgis.org as suggested by Richard, or really
any resource that folks would want to keep an eye on over time.

Cheers

..Tom

[1] https://github.com/geopython/GeoHealthCheck