[Qgis-developer] opening same table twice

Raymond Nijssen r.nijssen at terglobo.nl
Tue Oct 7 05:44:25 PDT 2014

Hi Matthias,

What is the point of comparing two identical tables? If they have the
same source, the contents must be the same. Or do you mean comparing
different parts of the same table? In that case a split view would
indeed solve the problem.

A disadvantage of opening the same table multiple times is that updating
edits in all windows/tables will even be more complicate than it is now.
(Already meeting bugs/inconsistencies sometimes.)

Raymond

On 07-10-14 14:35, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> Hi Raymond,
>
> Just discussed this last week with Denis who thought that sometimes this
> is intentional (comparing two tables).
>
> We thought about having the possibility to have a split view on the
> table. Once this is possible we could prevent the attribute table from
> being opened several times for the same layer.
>
> Opinions?
> Matthias
>
> On 07.10.2014 13:57, Raymond Nijssen wrote:
>> Not sure if I met a feature or a bug...
>>
>> I can open the same attribute table multiple times. I would expect,
>> when I open it the second time, QGIS would just show/focus on the
>> window containing the already opened table.
>>
>> Is this meant to be this way?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Raymond

Terglobo