[Qgis-developer] opening same table twice

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 06:07:39 PDT 2014

Two tables can also also have different filters. So you might want to
compare them.  Restricting to a single open table per layer is not good
IMO, but yes the side stacking option that currently happens is not ideal.

Something else I have considered in this situation is a table manager type
dock, or some other way to show tables that are open.  So like the composer
we can close but not destroy the table and also maintain the state.  This
means you could restore the table from the manager rather then having to
reopen them each time.

A simple way (but of course not the only option) for the above is to add a
Tables -> sub menu to the context menu for the layer which lets you restore
a "closed" table.

Just a thought

- Nathan