[Qgis-developer] Please stop spamming commit logs!

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Fri Oct 10 03:36:31 PDT 2014

Hi Alessandro,

On Fri, 10. Oct 2014 at 11:54:06 +0200, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
> My original complaint was not about occasional big new features fundings (see
> regione Toscana or city of Uster) but day-by-day small bug fixes or changes
> made by regular committers.

> If every developer start adding "Funded by ...." lines to each and every
> commit he makes, than we have a problem.

Well, I fail to see either problem or actual need.  If each and every commit
was properly attributed it would probably get less attractive anyway.  And the
"value" of the contributions are hard to value anyway and all this is only
considering code contributions...

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode