[Qgis-developer] Please stop spamming commit logs!

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Oct 13 05:30:43 PDT 2014

On 13-10-14 14:09, Nyall Dawson wrote:
> +1 . Can I request that the psc please make a final ruling about this
> issue so that we can close this discussion and all move on?

Speaking here with my PSC hat on <|:-)

Nice example of a 'community discussion/rise-up' I think, but as noted
by Anita earlier, this came already up in a PSC meeting and we more or
came to this same conclusion.

As a PSC we can be blamed for not 'communicating' this enough AND off
course community members can always have an opposite reasoning
from it anyway.

But now let's stick by our earlier conclusion and I will add the
following line:

"a dev can write a one line (<=80 chars) 'thank you/funded by/whatever'
as a LAST line in his/her commit message to give credits to someone for
the work"

somewhere here:

  http://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/sponsorship/index.html

This is/was in our view the least obtrusive way (for users, apparently
not for all devs) to give credits to sponsors if needed.

Hope this settles down this discussion, now let's do some new
features... funded or not :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde