[Qgis-developer] Re : Show area of a polygon while editing with node tool

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Thu Oct 16 04:21:48 PDT 2014

Hi,

just a question: are you trying to superimpose this on top of the
out-of-the-box node tool or are you planning on creating a new tool that
copies the node tool?

The first is not so simple I assume, the second either (plus it does not
make too much sense to rewrite core functionality in Python). Apart from
that I would be sceptical because with mouse moves the users will never
achieve their target area.

I see two possible solutions apart from making a plugin of your own:
1) label the polygon with its area; after a node is moved the label is
updated so users can approximate their desired target area.
2) try DigitizingTools plugin; there is a function to move a node or a
polygon side to achieve a target area. If you need other funtionality
there you are invited to contribute.

Bernhard

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 10572 (20141016) __________

http://www.eset.com