[Qgis-developer] Measure tool persistence.

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Sun Oct 19 14:48:12 PDT 2014

Hi

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 9:51 PM, G. Garibaldi <digitalmaps at cox.net> wrote:

> The measure tool onscreen markers are not persistent and are therefore not
> useful. Why have tools that have no useful function? I've complained about
> this before, filed a ticket and was argued down by a developer.
>
> It is frustrating to try to contribute to a project when nobody wants to
> cooperate.

I don't think it is fair to characterise QGIS as a project where nobody
wants to cooperate. People are busy, may have differing opinions to you,
may not have noticed your ticket etc. We are a community of people trying
our best to cooperate and sometimes we fail, but it certainly isn't through
a lack of desire to cooperate. My advice is keep trying (in a friendly way)
to get your request noticed, and if others don't always agree with your
ideas, don't take it personally.

Regards

Tim

Tim Sutton