[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] Iconset from Google

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Oct 20 06:29:10 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'd be against adding a lot of SVGs to the standard installation. Too
many files slow down QGIS. People should selectively install only the
icons they really need.

Didn't we have a project of a common icon repository where users could
contribute/checkout tagged icons, specific to certain needs (e.g.
geology icons, landmarks, geomorphology icons, etc.)? What happened to
this project? This would make much more sense rather than delivering
hundreds/thousands of icons by default where users only need 5-10 % of
the shipped icons.

Andreas