[Qgis-developer] pdb and PyQt4 and qgis don't play well with one another

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Oct 21 13:40:38 PDT 2014

On 21-10-14 21:06, Mark Coletti wrote:
> I'd really rather avoid the annoyance of spraying print statements
> everywhere and rely on a proper symbolic debugger.  Surely others are
> able to use pdb for their qgis plugins?  If so, how do I make this work?

Hi Mark,

Thought not really helpful: I just tried your instructions and those
work for me on Debian Linux here. Hope there are some mac dev's with
experience around. Only difference with instructions: although the
output is in python console, the input I have to do in the terminal I
started QGIS in.

I'm running a debug build of QGIS here, not sure if that is really needed.

Is gdb working for you to set a breakpoint in QGIS cpp source?

I'm either printing statements or using pycharm for plugin debugging
normally :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde