[Qgis-developer] data defined fill/border colors: what to show in legend?

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt
Sun Oct 26 04:46:41 PDT 2014

Hi all, there is an ongoing discussion about this matter here

http://hub.qgis.org/issues/11491

In case you are not aware: if you use data defined fill/border colors
for a vector, the legend will show the symbology classes (in case you
are using the categorized symbology), but the symbol for all the
classes will be a nice black square instead of the expected
colors/borders (let's assume that the user has created the table the
right way, with only one color per class).

There is a technical answer by Jürgen, but anyway a decision must be taken.

Do we expect to see the classes and the (data defined colors)? Or when
using data defined colors we do expect another thing?

cheers

-- G --