[Qgis-developer] Layer comparision/suitability

Jorge Tornero - Listas jtorlistas at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 00:26:04 PDT 2014

Hi,

I've developed a plugin in which the user has the ability to create a
new layer with some certain fields (say, for instance, color, size,
shape) or use and existing one, in that case the fields can be added to
the layer.

I have implemented a "brute force" comparision: I check in the existing
layer for the existence of those fields and of the same type. You could
see how in this gist:

https://gist.github.com/jtornero/fbc9928720da2de364f1

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work very well at all. I wonder if
someone has faced this problem before or could suggest another approach.

Thank you very much.

All the best,

Jorge