[Qgis-developer] Context menu on canvas

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 06:19:17 PDT 2014

Hey all,

I would like to discuss the possibility of having a right click context
menu on the canvas.  I know there is a current feature of swapping to the
last used map tool but I feel this is a weak feature compared to what we
could have in a context menu. The one main point though is the context menu
should not expose anything that isn't already in the UI, it can be a
shortcut but it can't be context menu only.

Some current things I was thinking of are:

Last Tool
Second Last Tool
------------------------
Copy
Paste
Feature Info
etc
etc

We could also add things like snapping options if holding control.

Thoughts?  Will anything really miss the swap to last tool feature?  IMO
adding a context menu adds a lot of quick access options for us.

I will of course do a QEP about this.

- Nathan