[Qgis-developer] how develop app using class library

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 22:58:31 PDT 2014

Hi Salas,

You can have a look here:
http://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/index.html

You have basically three ways to customize your own GIS application.
 From the easier to the more complex:

* Create a QGIS plugin. These are in Python and you have a lot of
examples [0]

* Create a standalone application in Python using QGIS lib.

* The same in C++

While looking at the first time, it seems interesting to go for a
standalone app, you should really consider the idea of the plugin:

* All the basics are already there, no need to redesign a new app
* Easier to maintain, and your application will automatically benefit
from the constant improvement of QGIS
* A lot of examples and code snippets
* Can profit to the whole community

Cheers,