[Qgis-developer] [QGIS-UX] Context menu on canvas

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 05:48:15 PDT 2014

Hi Nathan

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 8:19 PM, Nathan Woodrow <madmanwoo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I would like to discuss the possibility of having a right click context menu
> on the canvas.  I know there is a current feature of swapping to the last
> used map tool but I feel this is a weak feature compared to what we could
> have in a context menu. The one main point though is the context menu should
> not expose anything that isn't already in the UI, it can be a shortcut but
> it can't be context menu only.

One thing I am wondering about it how would that work with map tools
that handle right clicks... would the context menu open only for the
basic tools like pan / zoom?

In general I don't think people will miss right click to go back to
previous tool - especially if it will be replaced with something
stronger.

Cheers
Martin