[Qgis-developer] Building QGIS 2.x with Qt 5.x?

Dave Johansen davejohansen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 09:36:14 PDT 2014

Sorry this was a stupid user error on my part. I cloned your repo but was
still on the master branch. Once I switched to the qt5 branch it worked.
I've attached a patch that fixes a few compiler errors because gcc 4.4
requires that the the template type be specified in the construction of the
base class. I believe that the change shouldn't change anything on a
compiler that the code already built with.

The other issue that I ran into with the build process is that it didn't
set the value for QT_LRELEASE_EXECUTABLE even though /usr/bin/lrelease-qt5
was on the system. Once I set it using
"-DQT_LRELEASE_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/lrelease-qt5" it built just fine, but if
possible, it would be nice if this value was auto-detected and set like the
rest of the values. I don't know the first thing about cmake, so
unfortunately I'm no help in trying to fix this or I'd look into it and try
to make a patch for that as well.

Also, it appears that there's not PyQt5 in the EPEL repository, so
unfortunately I can't test that at this time.

Thanks for all the help and the work to get QGIS working with Qt5,
Dave