[Qgis-developer] Another question about QEP/RFC submission process

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Thu Sep 4 11:09:04 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 8:57 AM, Alessandro Pasotti <apasotti at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm ready with a first draft of the RFC, what it's not clear to me if
> there will be a chance for discussion *after* I submit it or if it
> will be voted and accepted/rejects as it is.
>
> In other words, should the discussion take place on the draft and
> then, after I've collected all the different opinions and amended it,
> I submit it for voting or I should just submit the draft now, and then
> we work on that and finalize for voting?

I am actively doing the same (drafting a QEP/RFC), and would like to no the
answer to this as well. I'd assume the latter makes the most sense.

There are labels available in the github interface for pull requests, e.g.
'Draft' = open for review. We could add a new one, like 'Final Draft', that
can be applied to signify that the proposal is ready for voting. The labels
are nice, since they show up in the list view of PRs.

Also, we can add Final Draft to the template, as a value for :Status:.

Regards,

Larry