[Qgis-developer] Canvas rendering misbehaving?

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 03:13:26 PDT 2014

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 3:51 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> Il 18/09/2014 08:42, Martin Dobias ha scritto:
>
>> What would be your expected behaviour? If you disable rendering,
>> the most recently rendered image will be used - seems to me better
>> than showing nothing.
>
> I'd expect the zoom being deactivated, and the image on the canvas
> stay fixed.

So you mean that map canvas would be completely 'disabled'?
What if someone zooms to a layer / full extent / bookmark?

To me the current behaviour makes more sense - but personally I would
rather remove the 'Render' option completely.

>> That's the same behaviour of pan tool as when rendering is
>> enabled... again, what would you expect to happen?
>
> IMHO a single left click should do nothing, the map should not move.

I would be in favour of that - whether rendering is turned on or off -
but maybe others feel like that is a useful feature, so I wouldn't
remove that without wider discussion.

Regards
Martin