[Qgis-developer] Canvas rendering misbehaving?

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 05:37:13 PDT 2014

On 18.09.2014 14:27, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> IMHO if one disables rendering, the image on the canvas should stay as
> it is, regardless of user interaction. Otherwise it is surprising to
> see some actions performed (badly) like zzoming, others not, like
> adding or removing layers.

I don't agree. For me the idea (at the origin) was to avoid to get stuck
with the map being rendered.
If you have a very slow wms and want to precisely adjust the extent of
the canvas, you would first disable rendering, move the map as you want
to and then start rendering.

It used to make a lot of sense before MTR.

As previously written, I think it will become totally obsolete once
rendering of every type of sources can be properly stopped.