[Qgis-developer] QGIS sometimes freezes in Windows 7 x64

Casper Børgesen (CABO) CABO at NIRAS.DK
Mon Sep 22 01:46:31 PDT 2014

Hi Andreas.

It might solve the problem, but as long as I cannot reproduce the problem, disabling multi threaded rendering only saves me the trouble of the issue (in case it helps at all). I would rather see if I can help narrow down the problem by not disabling and give you all the information I can.

But thanks for the tip. I will relay it to my colleagues.

Regards, Casper

-----Original Message-----
From: qgis-developer-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:qgis-developer-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Andreas Neumann
Sent: 22. september 2014 10:33
To: qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [Qgis-developer] QGIS sometimes freezes in Windows 7 x64

Hi Casper,

Did you try disabling parallel rendering to make sure that the crashes/freezes are really related to the multi-threaded renderer?

Settings -> Options -> Rendering -> Disable Checkbox "Render layers in parallel using many CPU cores"

There seem to be issues with the multi-threaded renderer, but apparently they are very difficult to reproduce and debug.

Fortunately one can very easily disable multi-threade rendering until the issues are solved.

Andreas