[Qgis-developer] Module dependencies

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 00:46:19 PDT 2014

Hi Paolo,

I have some doubt on automatic installation of dependencies.
This fear this will be a bad practice for security.

As example:
one black-hacker could create a simply and apparently innocent plugin for qgis.
A plugin that the responsible manager of the plugin repo of qgis could
surely admit in the repo of qgis. Because it seem to have no
particular problems except some extern dependencies.
But that plugin will have a dependencies that cause the installer
automatically to install another plugin from external source.
And this thirdy part plugin could be a malware.
A.