[Qgis-developer] Keeping line breaks in QGIS expressions

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 10:32:39 PDT 2014

Hi Andreas

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 10:56 PM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:

> I noticed that line breaks are not preserved. This makes the statement
> much harder to read.
>
> Is there a chance that future QGIS versions could preserve linebreaks or
> is there a problem saving and restoring the line breaks of the expressions?

This is probably due to the fact that in _some_ cases expressions are
(unfortunately) not kept in verbatim format as they were input -
instead they are parsed and later converted back to text, loosing all
formatting.

> Along the lines: is it possible to add comments in QGIS expression?

It is possible and it would not be hard. But until we fix the problem
mentioned above, your comments would get lost in some places :-/

Regards
Martin