[Qgis-developer] QEP: virtual layers

Hugo Mercier hugo.mercier at oslandia.com
Tue Sep 30 05:50:41 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I've just sent a pull request on the QEP repository
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/pull/5

It is about "virtual layers" that would allow to expose any set of QGIS
layers as Spatialite tables and then create arbitrary SQL queries on them.

This is primarily seen as a way to add new possibilities for
non-database file formats (shapefiles, csv, etc.), but could also be
seen as a way to have a consistent way of dealing with database-oriented
features (especially joins) in the core.

I would be happy to have your feedback.

Unfortunately, it won't be possible for me to attend the Hackfest in
Essen, but I would try to be easily reachable to discuss this QEP if you
feel this would help during the HF (by mail, irc, video chat if needed).