[Qgis-developer] Bug in rendering Rasters in QGIS 2.4 2.6 and 2.8 in Windows

SBP sitansu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 04:04:01 PDT 2015

Dear All,
I had posted this in QGIS users list but I did not get any feedback. While
using the latest QGIS 2.8 ( 64 bit ) in Windows XP/7/8/8.1 in 6 laptops, I
found that large ( 300+ mb Landsat with 6 band image )raster images failed
to redraw while I zoomed in/out or while panning. This behaviour was so
random that I was forced to recommend 2.2 to all the users who are supported
by my team.

It is not possible to use raster images for interpretation as the images do
not appear when we zooming or panning. I have placed a video where I have
compared the behaviour in 2.8 vs 2.2. A raster and a vector are shown. You
will be able to see that the raster disappears randomly and does not redraw
even if we pan or zoom. It reappears randomly.

Video Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjly6C445uE&feature=youtu.be

I tested this in Macbook Pro with Qgis2.6 and I did not see this problem so
it might be only seen in windows systems.

I hope this will be looked into at the earliest.

Thank you for your time.
Regards,
Sitansu Pattnaik
kCube Consultancy Services