[Qgis-developer] A plea for plugin authors

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 08:11:19 PDT 2015

Hi Paolo, hi all

Paolo mentioned icons in his plea, section Metadata:
> * add a proper icon, do not leave the default one; see QGIS interface
> for a suggestion of the style to be used

There are several places where icons are shown:
AFAIK there's at least
1. QGIS Toolbar: 64x64 pixels?
2. Plugins home: http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/ => 32x32 pixels
3. In the QGIS Extensions Dialog: 16x16 pixels

In the QGIS Extensions Dialog actually very few individual icons show
up like TileLayer, QGIS Cloud or QSpatialite.

My questions:
A. Are there more places where icons show up?
B. Are thre recommendations which is the recommended size? 32x32? several sizes?
C. Does anybody know how to make the icon show up in the "QGIS
Extensions Dialog"?

Yours, Stefan