[Qgis-developer] Drag & Drop into Map Canvas

Boehnke, Christian c.boehnke at fugro.de
Wed Apr 8 01:57:04 PDT 2015

Hi,

I wrote a QGIS Plugin to load MS Access Databases into a QTreeWidget. At a first step, I'm able to display the tables as a temporary shape file by clicking a button and executing a proper function. Now I want to drag the tables into the QGIS Map Canvas (and to be shown as temporary shapes) without pushing a button but only by using Drag & Drop. I enabled dragging items on my Tree Widget, but I'm not aware how to drop the items on my canvas. How to handle the data?

Chris