[Qgis-developer] missing Qsci sip file when compiling on ubuntu 14.04

Ricardo Filipe Soares Garcia da ricardo.garcia.silva at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 04:13:13 PDT 2015

Hi list

I am struggling to compile the latest master of QGIS on Ubuntu 14.04. I
cannot seem to get cmake to generate valid makefiles because it always
fails with:

QGIS version: 2.9.0 Master (20900)

Found Proj: /usr/lib/libproj.so

Found GEOS: /usr/lib/libgeos_c.so (3.4.2)

Found GDAL: /usr/lib/libgdal.so (1.11.1)

Found Expat: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexpat.so

Found Spatialindex: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libspatialindex.so

CMake Error at cmake/FindQwt.cmake:35 (FILE):
file Internal CMake error when trying to open file:
/usr/include/qwt-qt4/qwt_global.h for reading.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:195 (FIND_PACKAGE)

Found Qwt: /usr/lib/libqwt-qt4.so ()

Found Sqlite3: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsqlite3.so

Found PostgreSQL: /usr/lib/libpq.so

Found SpatiaLite: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libspatialite.so

Found Qt version: 4.8.6

Touch support disabled

Found QScintilla2: /usr/lib/libqscintilla2.so (2.8.1)

Pedantic compiler settings enabled

Found Python executable: /usr/bin/python

Found Python version: 2.7.6

Found Python library: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpython2.7.so

Found SIP version: 4.15.5

Found PyQt4 version: 4.10.4

Found QScintilla2 PyQt4 module: 2.8.1

Found GSL: -L/usr/lib -lgsl -lgslcblas -lm

Qsci sip file not found - disabling bindings for derived classes

Ctest Binary Directory set to:
/home/ricardo/dev/QGIS/build-master/output/bin

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

The FindQWT error seems strange because I am not enabling the

WITH_INTERNAL_QWTPOLAR

WITH_QWTPOLAR

flags.

Anyway, the real showstopper seems to be the inexistance of the Qsci sip
file.

Searching the mailing list, I've found [1] which seems similar to my
problem. However, I cannot understand if the problem did get fixed nor how
to bypass it. Disabling the whole  Python bindings is not a solution for me
since I'll be needing them.

Am I missing some dependencies? Or otherwise, how to overcome this issue?

[1] - http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/compile-error-td5152377.html