[Qgis-developer] More sophisticated editing

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 09:51:58 PDT 2015

You're raising an important point. I was thinking of it right in the past
days.
It's a point that many users bring to me when comparing QGIS to other
(proprietary) software solutions where pseudotopoligcal tools are strong
and very important for the quality management of data production/editing
workflows.
QGIS lacks advanced and fine grained controls and rules (help the user in
avoiding mistakes or granting specific data features).
Could we start to list "nice to have"'s inside a wiki page? It could be a
reference for further improvements and sponsoring (and maybe QEPs)

giovanni

> Hi all,
> currently, pseudotopological rules are applied during editing only
> within the same layer. It would be useful to extend this also across
> layers, e.g.:
> * moving one point along a line should move also the line
> * adding a point along a line (snapped to it) should split the line in two
> Is someone interested in this feature? Someone working on it? Anyone has
> evaluated the complexity of implementing it?
> All the best.
> --
> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

Giovanni Allegri