[Qgis-developer] processing algs description files missing

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 02:51:27 PDT 2015

> Hello,
> I'm currently filling out the description files for the processing
> algorithms. It struck me that there are description files for 'Raster
> calculator', 'Buffer vectors', 'Create points along lines' and
> 'Dissolve Polygons' missing. Is there a reason why you didn't prepare
> them ? Can we create some afterwards?

Not sure what kind of description files you are talking about here.
Help files? Description files used to load the algorithm's semantic
for GRASS and SAGA algorithms?

> I have a question concerning one parameter that is often used in the
> algs: Addditional creation parameters (optional). This is for example
> available
> in 'Clip raster by extent'. What kind of parameters can I use here?

That's an option that appears in GDAL/OGR algorithms, and allows
advanced users to use options not included in the algorithm but
supported by the underlying GDAL/OGR tool. You can type parameters
directly in there, as you would do if calling that tool from a console