[Qgis-developer] Freeze on release-2_8 branch

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Aug 3 00:01:31 PDT 2015

Il 30/07/2015 01:05, Nyall Dawson ha scritto:

> On a semi-related theme, we really need a core "QGIS update available"
> plugin. I suspect there's a ton of users still on 2.8.0/.1/<2.8 just due
> to not knowing there's a new version out. This could also be really
> handy for tracking stats of users...

Hi Nyall,
thanks for raising this. We have been discussing about it several times
in the past, and never got round it mainly because of privacy concerns,
I believe. I'd be in favour of setting it up, of course asking consent
from the user during installation.
Do you have an idea of how difficult could it be?
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu