[Qgis-developer] Freeze on release-2_8 branch

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Aug 3 09:40:47 PDT 2015

Il 30/07/2015 12:05, Sandro Santilli ha scritto:
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 10:07:32AM +0200, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:

>> We need to be noisy about point releases, too?  It's all on github anyway.
>> Can't sales or marketing take care of that? ;)
>
> Personally, I would not consider announcing a bugfix release as noise.
> That said, if a sales & marketing dept exists, this is surely
> something it should take care of :)

Hi all.
I also think point releases should be announced (just with a shorter
announcement, with less emphasis).
I'll be happy of taking care of this. I believe this should be done with
the same procedure as for the normal release announcements.
So, Juergen, should I do this from now on, or what do you prefer?
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu