[Qgis-developer] QGIS 2.10.1 Pisa - Read CSV file problem

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Aug 5 22:56:24 PDT 2015

Hi,

In my opinion it is quite "special" to name columns with integer
numbers. Not what the average GIS user would do. In my own 2-decade GIS
career I never had such an issue.

I am not against fixing this issue, but I don't think it is a serious
issue. We have many more important issues in QGIS.

Andreas

On 2015-08-06 07:31, Zoltan Szecsei wrote:

> Hi Chris,
> Thanks for the opinion.
> Do I log this as a bug?
>
> Whilst I am quite happy to write a bash script to parse and alter my 500 CSV files, I do feel that this is likely a more serious issue, as it will affect, I assume a lot of, users that load CSV files to join them to their spatial data.
> Maybe the silence on this is because it either goes unnoticed, or there are many people just doing a work-around.
>
> Let me know.
>
> Thanks & regards,
> Zoltan
>
> On 2015/⁠08/⁠05 02:55, Chris Crook wrote: Hi Zoltan
>
> I think this could be classed as an error! The source code rejects field names that look like positive numbers (some digits optionally followed by a period and some more digits).
>
> I can't recall a reason why it should do this. It could be reasonable to require field names to be compatible to database attribute names, but I can't see any need for that within QGIS itself. This can go on a 'to-⁠do' list to fix...
>
> Cheers
> Chris

Links:
------