[Qgis-developer] Building a c++ plugin

Kåre Mølgaard Rasmussen Kare.Molgaard.Rasmussen at randers.dk
Tue Aug 11 23:34:46 PDT 2015

Hi qgis developers.

I´ve downloaded a c++ plugin sample from https://github.com/thebigspoon/qgis_cpp_plugin_cookbook and managed to compile the source with Visual Studio 2012 Express and the MOC.exe from \OSGeo4W\bin\
The resulting DLL was placed in \OSGeo4W\apps\qgis\plugins and from the plugin log in QGIS I can see that QGIS tries to load the plugin but fails with the following error message:
Failed to load <path to plugin> (Reason: Cannot load library <path to plugin>: The specified procedure could not be found) (the last sentence was translated from Danish)

First of all - is it possible to build plugins with Visual Studio or am I supposed to use MinGW?

I´ve tried to do a dumpbin.exe /exports for my DLL and I got the following
0001100A category = @ILT+5(_category)
000110E1 classFactory = @ILT+220(_classFactory)
00011168 description = @ILT+355(_description)
00011537 icon = @ILT+1330(_icon)
0001164A name = @ILT+1605(_name)
00011550 type = @ILT+1355(_type)
0001125D unload = @ILT+600(_unload)
000112DA version = @ILT+725(_version)

Am I missing a required function?

Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated
TIA
Kaare