[Qgis-developer] Call for applications: QGIS API Documentation Improvement

Tim Sutton tim at qgis.org
Tue Aug 18 14:19:26 PDT 2015

Hi all

In the last few years we have been steadily improving the amount of funding we are able to accumulate in the QGIS project. Our goal in obtaining funding is always to 'make QGIS better'. Up until now we have focussed funding on high profile aspects of the project: Funding regular hackfests, paying for bug fixing work prior to releases, funding infrastructure such as servers, domain name registrations etc.

With improved funding levels we now have the opportunity to also start addressing some of the many less obvious components of QGIS that badly need attention, but often don't attract volunteers. In our July 2015 PSC meeting it was agreed that we would start this initiative by funding one or more developers to improve the python documentation in QGIS. If you are interested in working on this, please be so kind as to visit the form [1] that we have set up for this.

[1] http://goo.gl/forms/WRGSvWHkBb <http://goo.gl/forms/WRGSvWHkBb>

Regards

Tim

Tim Sutton