[Qgis-developer] Call for applications: QGIS API Documentation Improvement

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Thu Aug 20 04:20:16 PDT 2015

Hi Ale,

On Thu, 20. Aug 2015 at 11:42:06 +0200, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
> Doxygen also accepts RST and we could place python documentation into .sip
> files, maybe a solution would be to include snippets and examples from
> doxygen (.sip is preferred) into the cookbook, leaving the introductory
> material in the cookbook itself interleaved with included examples and
> snippets.

The .sip are maintained by comparing them with the header files
(scripts/sipdiff).  So IMHO they should be kept as close to them as possible -
at least in the section with the actual interfaces.

But more verbose sections above or below the actual code shouldn't be a problem
(that part is mostly not in synced anyway).

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode