[Qgis-developer] WktExport plugin for QGIS

Geo DrinX geodrinx at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 07:22:13 PDT 2015

Side remark. Your plugin probably makes it a bit more convenient, but you
> can
> already get the geometries in WKT format with "Save as", select CSV and
> enter
> GEOMETRY=AS_WKT as layer creation option (cf
> http://www.gdal.org/drv_csv.html)

Touche' ,  Even  :)

I do not know that is possible to do the same with save as...   :(

BTW,  great !    There is some documentation for this ?   I will browse
QGIS manuals.

Sure, my method is more immediate, and more convenient for my own use.
For the rest of the world, I agree with you :   a generic user, can use
"Save as..."   CSV  and enter  "GEOM=ASWKT"
and... it does not work !  What is the correct syntax ?  I do not
remember:  I need to try again... perhaps:  "GEOMETRY=ASWKT".   No, it do
not work again... etcetera.

:)

Yes, I think my plugin can be useful to all of us "QGIS dummies"    :)

If you think, I can insert a message that explains:  "You can also use
'Save as... CSV    GEOMETRY=AS_WKT'

:)

Of course, I am joking.

Happy holidays