[Qgis-developer] Select Within plugin, for Centroid Within and Point on Surface Within selections

Heikki Vesanto heikki.vesanto at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 15:49:44 PDT 2015

Hi all,

Replicating the SQLite based methodology in:
http://gisforthought.com/centroid-within-selection-in-qgis/

But using a plugin. Was surprisingly straightforward, but an
absolutely essential tool if selection postcode areas that fall within
local council areas for example.

Performance needs some work, and would love to see the functionality
added to the Spatial Query core plugin in the future.

Also having some issues with my metadata.txt file.

It reads:
[general]
name=Select Within

description=Centroid within and point of surface within selection
between vector layers.
category=Vector
version=0.1
experimental=False
qgisMinimumVersion=2.0
author=Heikki Vesanto
email=heikki.vesanto at thinkwhere.com

icon=icon.png

homepage=gisforthought.com
deprecated=False

repository=https://github.com/HeikkiVesanto/QGIS_Centroid_Within/
tracker=https://github.com/HeikkiVesanto/QGIS_Centroid_Within/issues

tags=vector, select, selection, polygon, analysis

But on the http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/SelectWithin/ page the
repository points to:
http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/SelectWithin/repo%20url

Tried re-uploading and re-saving my metadata but alas no help.

Any questions happy to answer.

-Heikki