[Qgis-developer] QGIS 2.10.1 currently uninstallable on Debian sid?

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Fri Aug 28 00:17:39 PDT 2015

On 28-08-15 09:04, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> the package requires liblwgeom-2.1.7, which is not available (I think
> this should be replaced with 2.1.8). As a result, python-qgis cannot be
> installed.
> Should I open a ticket?

With the ongoing GCC 5 transitions and the uninstallable build
dependencies this causes, reporting the issue is not much use. You just
need to wait for the GCC 5 transitions to settle down and have Debian
unstable return to normal.

I just started the GEOS 3.5.0 yesterday, and to update spatialite, gdal
& postgis with GEOS the circular dependency needed to be dealt with.
SpatiaLite is not built with lwgeom currently to break the circle. For
more information see the geos transition issue [1].

By the end of the weekend most of geos reverse dependencies will be
rebuilt and the QGIS build dependencies involved in the geos transition
should be installable again and the spatialite/lwgeom regression fixed.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=791045#49

Kind Regards,

Bas

--