[Qgis-developer] Segmentation fault when refreshing browser panel

Pedro Venâncio pedrongvenancio at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 04:07:22 PDT 2015

Hi Radim,

Refresh after what has happened outside the browser? It could be a
> crash when an item was added/removed and the browser crashes trying to
> apply that change to the tree. But that is one of the very basic tasks
> it is doing (files are even auto refreshed using system notifier) so
> there would have to be something particular in it.
>
> Maybe a GRASS item? GRASS mapset with import running?

This happened just after run a GRASS plugin module, with the GRASS 7.
Specifically the module was v.kernel, which does not have the "View output"
button in the GRASS toolbox.

So, I ran the module, did the refresh, and QGIS crashed.

Then I tried several times, just doing refesh in the Browser, and it always
crashed after clicking 2 or 3 times on the refresh button. It was in those
attempts that I made the backtrace.

Then I ran QGIS with GRASS 6, and the crash did not happen. Finally I ran
QGIS with GRASS 7 again, and could not replay the crash.

So, may it be something with the GRASS plugin?

Thanks!

Pedro